13 April, 2009

thoughts and poems

In this blog I'll post selected poems I've composed over the years.

A few i've written many years ago...


Tenderly your smile

So tenderly your smile once
Pierced this soul of mine,
Was so elusive for mine eyes to see
A love that should and could have been.

We surrended to our greatest fear
And lost the one we held so near,
Our hearts had turned as if to stone
We stood apart, so very alone.

You slipped away, my love just grew
This heart had room for none but you
I tried so hard to turn away
But my soul cried out for you each day

We’ve lost many treasured years,
Suppressing all our tears and fears,
I denied the one thing that was true
My deep desire, my love for you

You moved away, this love just grew
My heart had room for none but you,
I tried so hard to run away
Yet this love so true remains today

If tenderly your smile again
Should pierce this soul of mine,
So clearly for mine eyes would see
A love that could and should have been.


Rekindle the Fire

Rekindle the fire within her heart
We've been so long away, apart
Don’t let the spirit in her die
Bring back the sparkle to her eye

She's walked this lonely road before
Looking for love and nothing more
Now wears a mask, a cold disguise
To hide the pain so deep inside

There was a time she was so free
And shared her heart with you and me
You doubted her motives, I my song
We were such fools, and now she’s gone

I pray for her most every day
So through this life she’d find her way
Somehow the truth should set her free
God help her find a way to Thee

God knows I don’t deserve this girl
Yet in my heart she’s my lost pearl
I’d give all I own, house and land
If I could have and hold her hand

Rekindle the fire in her heart
It’s been so long we’ve been apart
Don’t let the spirit in her die
Bring back the sparkle to her eye


Unexpected attack

What happened to your heart
you once made a great new start
With a life that was so free
to help all those you saw in need

Shared your heart with many others
blessing sons, daughters and mothers
Somehow your life went off the tracks
you never expected such viscous attacks..

From your sister,
from your brother,
How could those you trusted
hurt you so?

But we have a common enemy
who drove a wedge through you and me
he deceives to drive our lives off track
using those closest to attack

You should know who hates you
devising schemes to destroy you
Robbing true love from your heart
so from his chains you won't depart

A sword placed in your brother's hand
blinded so he could not understand
all the damage he would do
longing just to rescue you..

From your sister
from your brother
All those you trusted
who hurt you so



True Love

I never imagined anyone could touch my heart so

as you did one November so many years ago
I’ve looked and I’ve prayed to find another way
but no other has captured my heart to this day

“True love last forever” I’ve heard people say
yet I never believed it would happen to me
Now in my life I know that it’s true
for I have never loved anyone as I love you

I didn’t know how to love one more than myself
until the moment you opened my heart, and I felt
I’d give all that I have, to my very last breath
for the one that I treasure more than life itself

It scared me so, I didn't know what to do
with feelings so strong, that nearly tore me in two
they said, “Forget her, this girl can’t be true”
But I can't deny my deepest love is for you.

I don’t want to push you, nor ever hurt you again,
I’d rather die than cause you more pain.
There’s none in this world who can move my heart so
ask God how He formed it, I surely don’t know.

So, through all this time my heart’s been with you
though I’ve tried to deny it, this one thing is true
I miss you like crazy, though you may ask why
it’s because I love you, no other reason or rhyme

words written by Robert Liiholm may 2000,
music composed by Piret Laikre in 2004,
vocalist Raimondo Laikre, recorded in 2004.
* all rights reserved
http://web.zone.ee/liiholm/True_Love.mp3


Fly Away

Here i stand,
on a rock in sinking sand
around us mud and mire
all i have is one desire..

I'd fly away
to find you where you are,
and hold you in my arms,
for you I'd fly so far..

I'd fly so long,
if only we were free
i'd show so you could see
there's only you and me..

We'd fly on high,
like the eagles far above
carried upon this love
the wind beneath our wings

I need you so,
without you i don't know
just how far i could go
with broken wings i pleed..

Please rescue me,
bring healing to these wings
and a song that we could sing
Your love can only bring..

Love lift our wings,
You'll always build us up
and never tear apart
bring joy within our hearts..

So we could fly,
and again reach for the sky
with faith we'd soar so high
together You and I..

We'd soar on high,
far above the darkest clouds
no storm could bring us down
as we glide upon this love..

We'd fly away..


Spirit breeze

We've felt the breeze
but have not known the wind,
we've felt the stream
but need Your river's flow,
we've yet to see the desert
blossom as a rose,
and when it might
no one really knows.

We've seen your deeds
but have not known Your ways,
we've praised a God
in the image we have made,
we present our needs
in our prayers and cries,
but we've yet to be
the grain of wheat that dies.

Oh Spirit breeze
please bring us to our knees,
so Truth we'd find
and not be led so blind
within our own desire,
lift us from mud and mire
to hear Your whisper
through the wind and fire.

RL summer 1988 (revised 2001)

No comments:

Post a Comment